The International Association Civic Belarus was established in 2004 in order to support democratic initiatives and diverse ways of developing civil society and free media in Belarus. The Association strives to support NGOs in Belarus, including those civic initiatives that have been deprived of the ability to operate legally by the regime of Alexander Lukashenka. The association aims to promote the development of Belarusian NGOs and to support cooperation with Czech partners. Civic Belarus also seeks to transfer Czech experience with the social and political transformation to Belarus. Civic Belarus is also one of the supporters of European Radio for Belarus and one of the co-founders of Belarusian Human Rights House in Vilnius.
Founders and members of the association:
- Václav Havel, playwright, writer, former President of the Czech Republic
- Petr Bratský, Senator of the Czech Parliament
- Jan Ruml, former Minister of Interior and Senator
- Petruška Šustrová, translator and journalist
- Jaromír Štětina, Senator of the Czech Parliament, originally a journalist
- Martin Vidlák, collaborate of Václav Havel
Petruška Šustrová is also the director of Civic Belarus.
|Phone:||+420 774 522 733|