The Prague Civil Society Centre is looking for a Transitions Programme Coordinator to join a multi-national team, based in Prague, working on civil society in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Job Title: Transitions Programme Coordinator
Organisation Name: Prague Civil Society Centre
Job Location: Prague, Czech Republic (with regular work-related trips abroad)
Starting Date: February / March 2017
Working pattern: Full-time (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday
Reports to: Director of Transitions Programme
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
The Transitions Programme Assistant Coordinator will:
- Work in close coordination with the Programme’s Director to develop and manage the Transitions Programme
- Organize workshops, seminars, summer schools, public events and on-line courses
- Follow political developments in the post-Soviet region
- Undertake mapping and analysis of the initiatives and work of relevant democracy activists and civil society players, think tanks, researchers and academic institutions
- Assist the selection and implementation process for the Centre’s internships, scholarships and research grants.
- Maintain communication with potential and existing partners
- Draft and evaluate project proposals, draft reports
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager on budgets for individual projects
- Represent the Transitions Programme and the Centre at external meetings and forums
Travel to the region is to be expected. The Coordinator should be ready and able to travel relatively often.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letter (up to 1 page) and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2017
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
For more information please see the Job Description below.