People in Need’s programs for war-affected Syrian population focus mainly on livelihood/food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. PIN operates several programs in 3 locations in Northern and Eastern Syria (Idlib, Aleppo and Al Hasaka province) with its offices and field staff in Syria exceeding budget of 30 mil. USD annualy. Cross-border operations are managed from Turkey where PIN’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program implemented directly or through partners in Syria. Furthermore, PIN implements smaller scale projects in Turkey addressing the needs of refugees in terms of education.
Starting date: September/October, 2016
Contract Length: 18 months with possible extension
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that programmes are designed, managed and implemented in conformity to People in Need’s policies, strategy and guidelines
- Ensures there are adequate capacities and structers to deliver high quality programs
- Responsible for development and maintaining of relations with partners, donors and local authorities; activiely engaged in seeking of new funding opportunities
- Engage in advocacy and policy dialogues where appropriate, ensuring PIN represents the needs of its beneficiaries and based on its field experience in order to campaign for needed policies, donor commitments etc.
- In cooperation with security department ensures that security measures are adequate to situation and in place, keeps updated about the security situation both in target areas of Syria and in Turkey.
- Supervise functioning and cost-effective administrative and logistic support to programs as well as overall mission operational budget
- In consultation with the HQ, plans HR needs of the mission
Requirements for Applicants
- Min. 5 years relevant managerial overseas experience in humanitarian sector
- Experienced in NGO humanitarian architecture, coordination and networking
- Experience with working in insecure environments and on remote management is advantage
- Empathy with the organisation Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team & independently
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Start up salary in total (with per diems included, before taxation) 3800 EUR,
- Initial and follow up training
- Cooperation with a young and motivated team within a stable organizational background
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk, psychological helpdesk (both available in English), travel medical insurance
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Free accomodation and family benefits
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to MS. Barbora Jančová, via this link https://inhiro.com/job/id/7913 (this way is prefered) or via email to with “COUNTRY DIRECTOR – Syrian crisis response” in subject.
The closing date for the applications is June 15, 2016.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you.