27th Forum 2000 Conference in Prague
Voices for a democratic world order
We are excited to announce that among those joining us for the discussions will be:
- Luis Almagro, OAS Secretary General, Uruguay
- Joan Chirwa, Founder, Free Press Initiative, Zambia
- João Gomes Cravinho, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Portugal
- Larry Diamond, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University, USA
- Gordan Grlić Radman, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, Croatia
- Idayat Hassan, Director, Centre for Democracy and Development, Nigeria
- Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze, Chair, Committee on Integration of Ukraine to the EU, Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine
- Jan Lipavský, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Czechia
- Violeta Luca, General Manager, Microsoft Czechia and Slovakia, Romania
- Orysia Lutsevych, Deputy Director Russia and Eurasia Programme, Chatham House, Ukraine
- Danuše Nerudová, Economist, Czechia
- Petr Pavel, President, Czechia
- Markéta Pekarová Adamová, Speaker, Chamber of Deputies, Czechia
- Jerzy Pomianowski, Executive Director, European Endowment for Democracy, Poland
- Zbigniew Rau, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Poland
- Maia Sandu, President, Moldova
- Tamara Sujú, Director, Casla Institute, Venezuela
- Alissa Wahid, Director, Gusdurian Network, Indonesia
- Damon Wilson, President, National Endowment for Democracy, USA
- Miroslav Wlachovský, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, Slovakia
and many more.
Crucial debates about the challenges to the world’s democracy
The 27th Forum 2000 Conference will feature a rich program of discussions on today’s most important issues and will search for solutions and actions to protect and strengthen the global democratic order. “The war in Ukraine and its global impact”, “Good servant, bad master: Key policy insights in dealing with AI”, or “Resisting Autocracy, Inc. – The Role of the Global Democracy Movement”, are among the sessions on this year’s agenda.
Join us live online!
Forum 2000 International Award for Courage and Responsibility
With the vision of recognizing extraordinary civic courage and actions that prioritize responsibility to the wider community, defense of democracy, and promotion of human rights and civil liberties over self-interest, the Forum 2000 Foundation established the International Award for Courage and Responsibility in 2021. In previous years, the Award was given to Zhang Zhan, a courageous Chinese citizen journalist and lawyer (2022), and to Carl Gershman, a leading defendor of freedom and human rights and former President of the National Endowment for Democracy (2021). We are eagerly looking forward to announcing this year’s winner during the 27th Forum 2000 Conference!