Transitions (www.tol.org) is seeking a Financial & Administration Manager to commence immediately. This is a full-time position though we also welcome applications from people who can only be in the office part-time because of family obligations.
• liaison with external accountant to keep accounts up to date;
• liaison with auditor;
• manage petty cash and Internet banking payments, and staff travel expenses;
• work closely with Executive Director (and other project managers) on financial reporting;
• work with external accountant and Executive Director on cashflow management;
• maintain donor reporting calendars and alert Executive Director or other project managers to reporting deadlines;
• prepare budgets for projects in close co-operation with project staff;
• purchase and keep up-to-date office supplies.
Experience required: Experience of reporting to donors, financial management, knowledge of accounting, logistics co-ordination, electronic and paper filing systems, proven ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure. Experience of working for a non-profit organization beneficial.
Reporting lines: This position reports to the Executive Director.
Skills required: Strong organizational abilities, good communication skills, native-level written and spoken Czech, good written and spoken English. Management of complex filing systems in an efficient but accessible way; attention to detail in managing payments and invoices, including petty cash; Excel skills (including use and application of formulas – and demonstration of intuitive skills to learn more advanced user skills quickly).
Compensation: We are offer a competitive pay and vacation package.
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Transitions (TOL) is a well-respected nonprofit organization established in 1999 to strengthen the professionalism, independence and impact of the news media in the post-communist countries of Europe and the former Soviet Union. We do this through a combination of journalism and media training programs, and the publication of Transitions Online magazine. Our donors include both private foundations and public entities, including the Czech Foreign Ministry, the European Union, and other government.
Executive Director and Editor in Chief
Transitions (TOL) ¦ www.tol.org
Baranova 33, 130 00 Praha 3
420 2 2278-0805 (phone)
420 2 2278-0804 (fax)