The next Prague Media Point that will take place on December 5-7, 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic. The confirmed speakers are Pierre Romera, Chief Technology Officer, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), Silvie Lauder, Journalist, Respekt and Folker Hanusch, Professor of Journalism, University of Vienna.
Our theme in 2019 is WHAT’S WORKING
Volumes have been written and numerous events have been held over the past decade lamenting the plight of the media in the modern world. Much less attention has been paid to what’s actually working. That is why the 2019 edition of the Prague Media Point will highlight inspiring examples that have managed to overcome the challenges the media are facing these days.
We encourage submissions of abstracts that focus on examples in the media that appear to be working and generating impact in the following subjects and topics, though this list is not exhaustive:
- Technology in editorial work and content delivery
- Engagement through social media
- Examples of solutions or constructive journalism
- Trust-building techniques
- Different forms of storytelling
- Youth-driven news delivery
- Innovative business and ownership models
- Diversity in the newsroom
- Minority media
Please submit your 500-word abstracts and a short bio by May 15, 2019. Download our abstract template here.
- Learn about the examples providing hope amid the doom and gloom of media forecasts.
- Network with leading professionals and experts in an informal setting.
- Stay for the stunning scenery of Prague.
For more information on submission, deadlines, and fees go to www.praguemediapoint.com.
We offer discounted group rates for non-presenting attendees and further discounts for students. We would like to encourage media studies and journalism departments to take advantage of our student group rates. We would be happy to discuss with you further involvement of your students such as interviewing speakers or other activities as part of their curriculum.
Austrian Cultural Forum in Prague; Deutsche Welle; Embassy of Norway in Prague; Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Prague; Institute of Communication Studies and Journalism at Charles University; Department of Media Studies and Journalism, Masaryk University; Global Cooperation Initiative; Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic; Syndicate of Journalists of the Czech Republic; Project Syndicate.
Dagmar Caspe, Project Coordinator, email@example.com.