Finance & Administration Manager (maternity cover, 12 months with possibility of extension)
PASOS (Policy Association for an Open Society)
Location: PASOS Secretariat, Prague, Czech Republic
Deadline for applications: 27 February 2012
PASOS is seeking a Finance & Administration Manager to commence in May 2012. This is a full-time position. Starting salary: Kc 28,000/month before tax, with a pay review after six months.
PASOS is a network of more than 50 independent think-tanks in 27 countries in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia. In supporting the work of policy centres, PASOS promotes and protects open society values, including democracy, the rule of law, good governance, respect for and protection of human rights, economic and social development. The PASOS Secretariat is located in Prague, Czech Republic. For more information, see www.pasos.org
- purchasing and keeping up-to-date office supplies;
- supervising repairs and maintenance, including liaison with IT service companies;
- managing and keeping up-to-date electronic shared files on server;
- office duties, including booking flights and hotels and venue logistics in co-ordination with project managers;
- support to project staff on contracts/logistics
- advertising for, recruiting and supervising interns.
- liaison with accountant to keep accounts up to date;
- liaison with auditor;
- managing petty cash and internet banking payments;
- working closely with Executive Director (and other project managers) on financial reporting;
- working with accountant and Executive Director on cashflow management, including exchange rate management and maximisation of returns on PASOS reserves;
- maintaining donor reporting calendars and alerting Executive Director or other project managers to reporting deadlines;
- preparing budgets for projects in close co-operation with project staff.
Experience required: Office management, financial management, logistics co-ordination, electronic and paper filing systems, liaison with wide range of suppliers, proven ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
Reporting lines: This position reports to the Executive Director.
Skills required: Strong organisational abilities, good communication skills, including good telephone manner, good written and spoken Czech, good written and spoken English, Russian an advantage, management of complex filing systems in an efficient but accessible way, numeracy and attention to detail in managing payments and invoices, including petty cash, Excel skills (including use and application of formulas – and demonstration of intuitive skills to learn more advanced user skills quickly).