The CEELI Institute will again offer our signature anti-corruption course in November. This five day highly interactive training provides participants with a comprehensive framework for investigating and prosecuting official corruption. The course will take place at the Institute in Prague the week of November 14-18, 2016, and is designed to walk participants through the actual investigation of a case involving official corruption.
During the course, participants will work on a hypothetical case in small groups to develop their own investigation strategy, learning to use time tested investigative tools and to develop practical skills along the way. Over the course of five days, students will:
- Learn to identify transnational red flags, and evaluate possible cases of official corruption
- Analyze publicly available information to detect signs of corruption
- Develop an investigative plan and take the first steps in pursuing their proactive investigation
- Consider what documents to access—and how to get them
- Discuss how to utilize law enforcement tools to access financial records
- Consider how to acquire and use legally collected electronic evidence
- Use invoices, payment ledgers, receipts, and travel records to support the investigation
- Undertake Forensic Analysis of relevant financial evidence necessary to “follow the money”
- Learn techniques for effectively conducting interviews of potential witnesses and targets
- Develop a “theory of the case” in order to assure that the evidence collected sufficiently supports the charges to be brought by the prosecutors
- Prepare to present the case for trial, by marshaling necessary evidence and by considering possible defenses and challenges that will be faced at trial
- Consider alternative mechanisms for resolving corruption cases
- Consider non-investigative measures to prevent and expose official corruption
The Institute continues to bring together the world’s most experienced anti-corruption prosecutors, forensic accountants and practitioners as faculty to design and teach this course. Each Session´s participating faculty includes at least eight members of our faculty roster.
To reserve a place or for more information, please email or call +420 606617643
2,300 USD – Full course and materials with lodging. Breakfast, lunch and refreshments included.
1,800 USD – Full course and materials without lodging. Lunch and refreshments included.
You can find more information about speakers of the course here.