The Centre for the Study of Democracy and Culture (Centrum pro studium demokracie a kultury, o.p.s, CDK) is a public benefit organisation focused on educational, analytical and cultural activities. It was established in 1993 and is founded on the work of earlier initiatives devoted to the development of independent activities and the publication of samizdat magazines before 1989.
Our main goal is to contribute to the development of democratic political culture in the Czech Republic. We focus on promoting and strengthening communication between politics and culture and on developing and cultivating traditional values of the Western civilization. Particularly, we put emphasis on studying the functioning of the Czech Republic within European structures and current EU development. We adhere to conservative-liberal sociopolitical views and to open, ecumenical religious approach.
To fulfil our mission, we provide the following services:
- basic and applied research in the fields of democracy, culture and religion
- analysis and prediction of social structures and processes in relation to the above-mentioned research
- publishing and disseminating of expert and popularization papers and analyses based on the above-mentioned research
- organizing lectures, seminars, conferences and summer schools
- publishing house services in the fields of humanities, social sciences, art, culture and religion
|Phone:||+420 545 213 862|