Globsec in cooperation with Asociace pro mezinárodní otázky/Association for International Affairs are pleased to invite you to join our online event, #COVID19 as a stress-test for the Eastern Partnership resilience, which will be organized on 15th May, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. (CET) via ZOOM.
For participation in the webinar, please register in advance: https://forms.gle/bhfR6gZNRCGvAfan6
The COVID-19 crisis has revealed and amplified already existing vulnerabilities in the Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries, namely: weak state institutions, lack of trust in society, polarization, and unstable security situation. While resilience narrative has become the main theme of the European Commission proposal for the long-term objectives of the EaP beyond 2020, we would like to assess how the current crisis challenges the resilience of the state institutions and society in general. Could this crisis become an opportunity for the national governments to regain citizens trust? Is the response of the EU “geopolitical” Commission to the pandemic crisis in the neighborhood adequate to the current situation?
• Andrius Kubilius, MEP, Chair of the Delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly
• Jaroslav Kurfurst, Special Envoy for the Eastern Partnership, Czech MFA.
• Pavel Havlicek, Research Fellow of Association of International Affairs (AMO)
• Amb. Paata Gaprindashvili, Director of GRASS (Georgia’s Reforms Associates), Georgia
• Andrei Yeliseyeu, Head of the Monitoring Group of iSANS (International Strategic Action Network for Security), Belarus
• Maria Zolkina, Analyst at the Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiatives Foundation (DIF), Ukraine
Led by: Alisa Muzergues, Research Fellow, GLOBSEC Policy Institute
* This online event is organised in the framework of GLOBSEC #Hub4Europe campaign: actions coordinated by the Future of Europe Programme during the lockdown period.