Applications to our second edition of FLEET are now opened!
We are proud to announce our second edition of the Future Leaders Europe Evening Talks, a series of 10 talks aimed to bring 10 European experts to discuss EU topics with young professionals (applicants should either be university students or recent graduates).
Application is to be done by sending your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 22, 2019.
General project information:
A series of ten evening sessions throughout the winter semester of 2019 will bring experts from high-ranking (current or former) Brussels officials, Ambassadors, Czech and European experts, journalists and commentators. The sessions will take place every Tuesday at EUROPEUM’s conference room (within Prague Creative Center) from 19:00 to 20:30. The talks will be structured into a short introductory lecture on the given topic by the expert (30 minutes maximum) and an open discussion of 60 minutes with strong emphasis on the Q & A structure for the participants. Unless specified otherwise, the talks will be held under the Chatham House Rule.
Every participant will obtain a certificate of attendance of the course and selected participants/authors will be invited to the international conference Prague European Summit otherwise closed to the general public and / or offered a place at the European Summer School for free. Additionally, a research internship at EUROPEUM with prospects for further cooperation may be offered to the best participants. The one-time participation fee is 1980 CZK per selected applicant.
This semester topics:
- V4–EU Relations
- The future of EU after Brexit
- EU Foreign Policy (with relations to external actors such as China, Russia and the Middle East)
- Transatlantic relations
- EU Climate Policy
- The EU as a Global Actor with regards to the new EU Commission
- Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity
- Enlargement Policy and future prospects for the Western Balkans
- The role of the Czech Republic in the EU
Project calendar outline (to be updated internally):
- Tuesday, October 29: Lecture 1
- Tuesday, November 5: Lecture 2
- Tuesday, November 12: Lecture 3
- Tuesday, November 19: Lecture 4
- Tuesday, November 26: Lecture 5
- Tuesday, December 3: Lecture 6
- Tuesday, December 10: Lecture 7
- Tuesday, December 17: Lecture 8
- Tuesday, January 7: Lecture 9
- Tuesday, January 14: Lecture 10
The project is organized by EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy.
The participation fee per selected applicant is 1980 CZK.
More information on the project is to be found at the EUROPEUM website.